The Pumpkinman Triathlon will take place at Spring Hill, a beautiful and scenic location illustrating the best of what the Seacoast has to offer. Spring Hill is located at 117 Pond Road, South Berwick, ME and directions can be found here.
The race will host 550 multi-sport athletes and 50 relay teams from all over Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and beyond and will cater to both new and veteran athletes. It is a sprint distance triathlon consisting of:
1. 1/3 mile swim in Knights Pond
2. 14.25 mile beautiful rolling bike course along the well maintained Eastern Trail (paved surface).
3. 3 mile scenic loop run that starts out with a welcomed downhill start, long flat section along the Eastern Trail with a finish to remember!
This destination race showcases both the beauty of the venue as well as the South Berwick portion of the Eastern Trail.
Please note that the roads are NOT closed to traffic, but we will have volunteers all along the course to point you in the right direction.
- The swim is a 1/3 mile triangle swim in the counter clockwise direction in Knights Pond.
- Average water temperature in September is 65 degrees and wetsuits will be allowed.
- The Official wetsuit sponsor for Pumpkinman 2018 is blueseventy.
- There will be American Red Cross Certified Life Guards on site and there will be kayakers providing support to swimmers.
- Start waves will be small and safe with approximately 100 swimmers per start wave.
Powder House Hill Climb Challenge
Unlike other triathlons, Pumpkinman offers a unique hill climb from the water exit to the bike transition. Approximately 250 meters from the waters edge, athletes will summit a replica of Powderhouse Hill; a locally owned ski hill that is run by the residents of South Berwick. Powderhouse Hill is one of the oldest operating ski areas in the entire country. In racing up the hill, athletes will have an additional split time for “summiting” the Hill Climb Challenge. Both male and female winners will receive an award and an amazing gift from our sponsors!
(0.0 mi) Exit Lodge Parking Lot and TURN RIGHT on to POND ROAD
(0.8 mi) TURN LEFT on to JUNCTION ROAD
(1.5 mi) TURN LEFT on to KNIGHTS POND ROAD
(3.6 mi) BEAR RIGHT on to HOOPER SANDS ROAD
(5.4 mi) TURN LEFT on to EMERYS BRIDGE ROAD
(8.4 mi) TURN LEFT on to BOYDS CORNER ROAD (becomes Ogunquit Rd at 9.5 mi)
(9.8 mi) TURN LEFT on to THURRELL ROAD
(11.4 mi) TURN RIGHT on to GREAT HILL ROAD
(12.2 mi) TURN RIGHT on to HOOPER SANDS ROAD
(13.9 mi) TURN RIGHT on to POND ROAD
(14.2 mi) TURN RIGHT into Lodge Parking Lot
Exit Lodge Parking Lot and TURN LEFT on to POND ROAD
(.41 mi) TURN RIGHT on to KNIGHTS POND ROAD
(1.00 mi) TURN RIGHT on to JUNCTION ROAD
(1.78 mi) TURN RIGHT on to POND ROAD
(2.60 mi) TURN LEFT into Lodge Parking Lot
Proceed to finish